VAN RIPER & NIES ATTORNEYS                 772-283-8712
Stuart Divorce Law Firm                                 

Relocation Issues

Timothy C. Nies

Christian Van Riper




"We work hard helping families in transition..."

Experienced and compassionate, Van Riper & Nies attorneys are committed to the welfare of you and your family

Dealing with the news that your spouse, the custodial parent of your children, wishes to move away with your children is, to say the least, stressful. On the other hand, in this economy, custodial parents oftentimes must move in order to find a good job or attend college. If you face either, you should speak with a family attorney as soon as possible.

Regardless of the reasoning, if custody of your child is shared, this must be resolved legally before any relocation. Under Florida Law, if one parent wishes to relocate more than 50 miles away from the residence, which is considered the child’s legal residence, then a formal legal petition, or request, must be made to the court. If you move without obtaining the court’s permission, you will be violating the law. This court request must contain all of the details surrounding the relocation, including educational opportunities, job changes, etc. The court will thoroughly examine the request to determine what is in the best interests of the child before issuing a ruling.

For more information about our family law practice, please contact us at 772-283-8712, complete the confidential contact form below or e-mail attorney Timothy Nies at
Van Riper and Nies Attorneys, P.A.
900 SE Ocean Boulevard, Suite 140-E
Stuart, FL 34994

Contact Us

Please complete the confidential questionnaire below. One of our attorneys will contact you within 4 hours.

First Name:
Last Name:
Apt. No.:
Zip Code: (5 digits)
Daytime Phone:
Cellular Phone:
Please Explain Your
Situation Here:

The hiring of an attorney is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you full written information about our qualifications and experience. Please note that you are not considered a client until you have signed a retainer agreement and your case has been accepted by us in writing. An attorney client relationship is not established by submitting an email or a form from this website.

Criminal lawyers in Stuart, FL. Lawyers in Stuart, FL. Our attorneys help clients who are going to move to another home. Help for father's where mother of his children wishes to move out of state. Relocation of children out of state - legal issues in Florida. Family lawyers in Martin County, FL experienced with fighting motions to move out of state with the children. Florida law on mother moving out of state with children. Wife moving out of state. Florida divorce attorney. Van Riper and Nies Attorneys: Palm Beach and Port St. Lucie Lawyers.

Port St. Lucie Divorce
: Family law litigation law firms representing spouses in family actions in Port St. Lucie, FL. Fort Pierce divorce. Our lawyers represents husbands and wives in relocation actions, where the other party wishes to move out of state.  

Martin County Divorce: Our attorneys in Martin County, FL fight for the rights of parents facing a motion seeking permission from the court to move more than fifty, 50, miles away with a parent's children. Martin county child visitation lawyers. Stuart, FL attorneys experienced with relocation of children. Florida litigation attorneys offering discounts to veterans.

Father's rights divorce lawyers in relocation of attorneys. Divorce law firms representing Saint Lucie County, Florida residents. Van Riper and Nies -
Divorce and Restraining Order Lawyers, Stuart, Florida. Family lawyers in Stuart, FL to fight motion for court permission to relocate with children.